Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving!

I know it has been awhile since I have blogged. Life is busy with family, Fred and Football. Which we will now refer to as the triple "F's". So I will try to catch up a bit here.
This was the turkey I cooked on my Mom's birthday (which we still celebrate). It was in August, but ya get my drift here! There's a turkey, there's stuffing, there's family and lots of other food.
So, it's turkey day! (Only in Canada, eh!) I love thanksgiving because it reminds us to think about all we are thankful for and celebrate it with the ones we love. I have so much to be thankful for and I try not to take even the little things for granted, but like everyone I know I do. I have a wonderful husband who is my soulmate and best friend all in one, I have a millionaires family, a daughter and son (without the million), I have a terrific son-in-law and 3 amazing grandchildren. Some family members have become distant, and I'm okay with that. We all make choices and I believe everything happens for a reason. What goes around, comes around. And of course I have "Freddie Spaghetti", that is our nick name for Fred. Some times it should be "Fred the Fiend" but I sure do love that dog to bits. He came into our lives at a very difficult time and brought so much happiness(and pain; painful bites and scratches :)with him and we have never looked back! (okay, maybe once!)
Today Thanksgiving Dinner is going to be at our daughter's house. Her first turkey dinner and I am actually looking forward to just going over there for dinner. Walking into her house and smelling the turkey!
Last but not least I am so thankful that the DETROIT LIONS WHIPPED THE RAMS BUTT YESTERDAY!! They finally won a game I was at!! Nate even got a touchdown! This sounds more like Christmas, doesn't it? Ah, but this is another post, I still have there first regular season game we attended to post. See ya there!

1 comment:

  1. Turkey, turkey, turkey! Our family loves turkey lol. And it sure was good!! Thanks for coming to my first Thanksgiving at our house and supplying the majority of the feast haha. It was great and we had an awesome time. I love our family xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...