Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Banana Blueberry Explosion Muffins


This morning while Fred napped I made some chicken noodle soup from the leftover homemade stock I had. I like to keep soup in single serving containers in the freezer so when the mood hits me, I have it on hand. Okay, to the muffins. I had two ripe bananas to use up so I decided to make muffins. The recipe was adapted from my Joy of Cooking cookbook. I changed the wheat bran to oat bran, left out the walnuts (didn't have any) and added about 1 cup of fresh blueberries that I had. These were probably the best muffins I have ever made! They were so moist with an explosion of blueberries when you break them open. Yummy!! I made them in a large muffin tin that holds six muffins, but you can use 12 if you want and just lower the baking time from 25 minutes to about 16-18 minutes.
So, I have decided to call these....

Banana Blueberry Explosion Muffins!

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup oat bran
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 large egg
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 and grease or line 6 jumbo muffin tins. In a bowl whisk together flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl whisk together egg, brown sugar, bananas, oil and vanilla. Add the flour mixture stirring just until moist. Fold in blueberries and divide batter between muffin cups. Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove to rack. Break open, slather with butter and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. These were soooo yummy. Or at least the little crumb I had was, since Cameron ate it all;) hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...